Ok girls, admit it…you too snuck into
your mom’s make up, wore her high heels and even stuffed your shirt
for that “girly” figure!!! Most girls can’t wait to wear make
up!! I myself COULDN’T wait!! In sixth grade a friend and I would
go straight to the bathroom when we got to school so we could put our
make up on. The point in this was not so that we could put our make
up on together or share our cosmetics with each other. Oh no, it was
because our mom’s had already said we were too young to wear make
up!! Therefore, we also had to wash it off before we went home.
This was disobedience at its best!! (If only that was all young
girls were doing to defy their parents these days)
Now that I have girls of my own that
are in that precious stage of life called “middle school”, I
decided not only to choose my battles but to flat out eliminate one.
The issue of make up! Instead of giving my girls the opportunity to
follow in their mother’s footsteps, I decided to introduce the
products a little at a time.
So, the girls got make up for their
birthday!! I love make up and am thrilled that I can teach them how
to use it and watch them learn. They are beautiful without it but I
love to see the excitement they have when they come out of the
bathroom all “made up”!! It is just one of those things little
girls look forward too.
I was so excited to start this new
chapter until the lady in line for the restroom entered the
picture!!! We had already ordered our food at Johnny Rockets and the
server had placed paper hats on the table for all 3 of our children.
Britney put hers’ on and then proceeded to go stand in line for the
restroom. When she returned to the table she informed me that the
lady in front of her asked if she worked at the restaurant. She told
the lady that she did not, they give these hats to all the kids. My
only thought was, “What have I done?” (Well that and was that
lady crazy!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment